Do you like travelling? I, too, always look for new ways to learn how to travel cheap. Or "frugal" you might say. I prefer to spend my money on other things instead of spending a package on air travel just to get to my destination. I bet you too. So I have gathered some tips to help all our "travelers".
– If you plan to travel to Washington, be sure to check the airfares to Baltimore instead, as these flights are always less expensive.
– If you are not traveling internationally, consider flying on one of the airlines of major carriers (such as Delta Express), where you will usually save money this way.
– Be sure to use the internet to check last minute discounted rates on the airline website. Start your search on Wednesday next weekend.
– How to travel cheap and smart? Be patient and wait for a good price to come out. However, when you see a large price, you can grab it.
– Try to be flexible with departure and return dates. Sometimes, if you set the dates in one day, you can get a better price. For example, leave Thursday and return Monday instead of leaving Friday and returning Sunday.
– If possible, book your tickets directly on the airline website. If you use a travel agency, even an online agency, you will be charged an additional fee. It will also be easier to correct any problems if you are dealing directly with the airline itself rather than a travel agency.
– Morning is sometimes the best time to check the tickets, and the morning on Saturday and Wednesday are two good days to look at some great prices.
For anyone looking for tips on how to travel cheap, these tips should give you a start. Don't forget to subscribe to frequent flyer miles; it's amazing how often people don't benefit from it.